What to Know
We believe in protecting your whole family — fur babies included. Through Nationwide Pet Insurance, you can cover all your pets’ veterinary needs — from well visits to injuries and chronic conditions.
About Pet Insurance
DuPont is proud to provide support for the entire you, including your family pets. Our Pet Insurance, provided through Nationwide, offers you best-in-class pet care.
Why It’s Necessary
Keeping your pets healthy can be pricey. Pet Insurance helps reimburse you for covered vet visits, accidents, illnesses, and chronic conditions.
In addition to reimbursement for eligible care, with Nationwide Pet Insurance you have access to the vethelpline. Veterinary professionals are available 24/7 to help you with any pet concern, including identifying urgent pet needs. You can also take advantage of Walmart’s low prices on your pet’s prescription and the convenience of having their pharmacy submit claims to Nationwide directly on your behalf.
Choose Your Coverage
Through Nationwide Pet Insurance, you can choose from two My Pet Protection plans. The plans have several key similarities — for example, with each plan, you can visit any vet from anywhere, and there are no required networks or pre-approvals. Both plans also offer cash back on eligible vet bills, 24/7 support, and discounts on prescription drugs.
The differences lie in the reimbursement amounts and the amount you pay for coverage each month.
- With option one, you have the opportunity to receive a 50% reimbursement for eligible claims. Coverage costs are between $20 and $35 per month.
- With option two, you have the opportunity to receive a 70% reimbursement for eligible claims. Coverage costs are between $27 and $47 per month.
It’s important to note that with both plans, pre-existing conditions will not be covered.
How to Enroll
To get started, go to DuPont’s dedicated Nationwide Pet Insurance website, fill out the information about your pet, and select Get Started. You’ll receive more information on the various Nationwide Pet Insurance plans available to you.
A few important things to note as you get started:
- You can view the premium rates and enroll at any time throughout the year.
- If you have a pet other than a dog or a cat, you can also enroll them in Pet Insurance, but the process will be a little different. Instead of visiting Nationwide’s website, you’ll have to call 1-877-738-7874 to enroll your pet in the Avian & Exotic Pet Plan.
- After you enroll in your preferred plan, Nationwide will bill you directly for your Pet Insurance coverage.
- Once you enroll in Nationwide Pet Insurance, your policy will automatically renew each year, even if you leave DuPont. If you wish to stop your coverage, you’ll have to contact Nationwide directly.
Submitting Claims for Reimbursement
Submitting claims for reimbursement is easy and only takes a few minutes.
First, you’ll need to pay for your veterinary bill out of pocket, then send Nationwide a claim for reimbursement. The claim needs to include a detailed receipt of the services received and the total payment amount. You can submit this in one of three ways: