Fertility, Adoption, and Surrogacy Benefits
What to Know
Every family-building journey is unique. No matter the road ahead, having a map to help you navigate the process can make a huge difference financially and emotionally. We offer Carrot to assist with fertility, adoption, and surrogacy.
How It Works
We’ve partnered with Carrot Fertility to bring employees enrolled in a DuPont Medical Plan comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits, including support with:
- Understanding fertility health
- Preservation (i.e., egg, sperm, embryo)
- Assisted reproduction (i.e., in vitro fertilization)
- Gestational surrogacy
- Donor assistance
- Menopause and low testosterone
No matter what kind of support you need, you can rest assured that with Carrot, you’ll receive personalized guidance, created with your unique needs in mind to support you through your family-forming journey. This includes:
- Access to trusted providers with Carrot’s network of 950+ clinics and 3,350+ attorneys and agencies across the country.
- Unlimited, free virtual visits with fertility health and family-forming experts to navigate your options, costs, and questions.
- Educational resources, including articles and how-to videos.
- At-home support through Carrot’s telehealth platform, including fertility health and wellness tests, an ovulation tracking bracelet, and more.
- When you use Carrot’s services, DuPont will reimburse 100% of eligible expenses, up to a combined $30,000 family lifetime maximum. These funds may be considered additional income and therefore a taxable benefit. This is important to consider as it may affect the amount of income shown on your year-end tax statement and create a tax liability that we want you to plan for.
- Here’s an overview of some of the eligible and non-eligible expenses through Carrot:
• Donor diagnostic testing, screening, and medications from an eligible provider
• Mental health screenings
• Travel costs and legal fees
• Breast milk bank fees, pumps, and shipping
• Expenses that are covered by a third party or any other plan or program
• Expenses for arrangements outside of the U.S.
• Legal fees and court costs
• Travel expenses (including meals and lodging necessary for adoption)
• Matching and placement fees
• Home study application and associated fees
• Expenses already deemed reimbursable under federal, state, or local law
• Expenses reimbursed by another plan or program
• Semen analysis and intrauterine insemination
• Fertility preservation
• Genetic testing
• In vitro fertilization
• Storage costs
• Fertility medication
• Travel expenses to and from eligible provider
• Acupuncture, herbal treatments, nutrition counseling, general genetic tests, physical therapy, and fitness-related expenses
• Expenses that are already deemed reimbursable by a third party or another plan or program
• Medical expenses of eligible employees, spouses, domestic partners, and covered family members
Submitting Claims for Reimbursement
The claims reimbursement process can be started through Carrot’s website. All reimbursement claims and required documentation must be submitted no later than 90 days following the end of each plan year (March 31).
How to Get Started
Visit Carrot’s website to create your account and to start exploring the resources available to you.