Enrolling and Eligibility
What to Know
DuPont benefits are offered to all regular, full-service employees working 20 or more hours per week.
You’re eligible for DuPont benefits if you are:
- A regular, full-service employees working 20 or more hours per week.
- A regular, full-service employee of a participating DuPont subsidiary or joint venture.
For your DuPont medical, dental, and vision coverage, you may cover your legal spouse or domestic partner and your children who meet the following criteria:
- The child is either your or your domestic partner’s:
- Biological child, stepchild from your current marriage, or adopted child (including a child legally placed with you or your domestic partner for adoption), foster child, or
- You or your domestic partner is the child’s court-appointed, permanent legal guardian.
- The child is under the age of 26 (note that eligibility ends at the end of the month in which the child’s 26th birthday occurs).
- The child is age 26 or older, provided that they are a federal tax dependent of you or your domestic partner and the child was certified as disabled by DuPont’s Medical Plan claims administrator before the child’s 26th birthday and continues to be disabled. You’ll be required to submit documentation of your dependent’s continued eligibility as requested by the claims administrator.
Important note about enrolling your spouse or domestic partner
If your spouse or domestic partner is eligible for medical coverage through their employer and their out-of-pocket premium cost for the lowest-priced employee-only coverage available is less than $100 per month, they must elect primary coverage through their employer. While you can still enroll them in a DuPont Medical Plan, this coverage will be secondary.
Your Enrollment Checklist
When it comes to your benefits, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. Make sure to follow this enrollment checklist before making your benefit decisions.
Things to Do
- Check out the letter that DuPont Connection mailed to your home, which lists the steps you need to take to get set up on the enrollment platform. When getting set up on DuPont Connection, confirm that your profile information is correct, gather your dependent information, and consider your beneficiaries.
- Before you enroll, read your benefits enrollment guide and the pages on this website to learn about your options, including the monthly costs for coverage.
- If you’re enrolling in a DuPont Medical Plan for the first time, double-check that your providers are in-network. For help, you can call our healthcare advocates through Accolade at 1-877-383-4756.
- Depending on the DuPont Medical Plan you choose, you may be eligible for a Health Savings Account or Flexible Spending Account. Weigh the pros and cons of each account before enrolling in your DuPont Medical Plan.
- Read up on the Healthy Living Program through Virgin Pulse and see how your medical plan premiums can be reduced each year by completing healthy actions during the previous plan year. If you’re a new hire, the Healthy Incentive Credit will automatically be applied to your premiums for the current year, and depending on your hire date, you will earn either partial or full credit for the following plan year.
- You can also earn up to $300 in Pulse Cash by registering and earning points. Review the Rewards section on the Virgin Pulse portal for additional new hire credit details.
- Consider the supplemental insurance benefits and protection plans offered to you, like life and accidental death insurance, legal insurance, and identity theft protection.
- Review the details of your DuPont Retirement Savings Plan and consider increasing your contributions, if you’re able.
- Connect with DuPont Connection if you have any questions — they can help direct you to the right resource for answers before you enroll. Call 1-833-253-7719, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. CT.
How to Enroll
Whether you’re a new hire or you’re experiencing a qualifying life event or it’s Annual Enrollment time, you have two ways to enroll in or make changes to your benefits:
- Visit DuPont Connection and follow the online enrollment steps.
- Call 1-833-253-7719, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. CT to speak with a representative. Representatives are also available to answer any questions you may have about enrolling.
New Hire Enrollment
If you’re a new hire, you have 30 days from your date of hire to enroll in DuPont benefits. Information will be mailed to your home with instructions about how to register for DuPont Connection and begin the enrollment process.
After You Enroll
After you enroll, you’ll receive a confirmation statement at your DuPont email address that lists your benefit choices. It’s important to carefully review this confirmation statement and to contact DuPont Connection if anything is incorrect.
After you enroll, keep in mind:
- Paycheck premium deductions for the benefits you enrolled in will begin with the first paycheck of the new plan year in January or after 30 days if you are a new hire.
- The benefit elections you make during Annual Enrollment or your new hire enrollment window will remain in effect until December 31, unless you experience a qualifying life event.
- If you’ve enrolled in a DuPont Medical Plan for the first time or are changing medical plans, you’ll receive a new medical ID card in the mail to the address you have on file. Be on the lookout!
You can only change your benefit elections in the middle of the year if you experience a qualifying life event. These events are occasions — like a birth, an adoption, or a marriage — that change your or your dependent’s eligibility for benefits.
To ensure a seamless transition from your qualifying life event, you must make changes to your benefits within 30 days. The Summary Plan Description (SPD) on DuPont Connection outlines when benefit changes are effective, based on the benefit and the qualifying life event.
As noted previously, if you miss the qualifying life event window, your next opportunity to make changes to your benefits will not be until the next Annual Enrollment period, which takes place every fall for the following plan year.
If You Don’t Enroll
It’s important that you review your benefits every year and select the best options for yourself and your family.
New Hire Enrollment Window
You have 30 days from your new hire date to enroll in DuPont benefits. If you do not take any action during your new hire enrollment window, you’ll be defaulted into the following benefits:
- The Core option for employee-only medical coverage, and you will not be eligible for the Company contribution to the Health Savings Account (HSA) until you certify eligibility. Once you certify eligibility, your Company contribution will be prorated based on your hire date.
- The Standard option for employee-only dental coverage.
- Basic Employee Life and Accidental Death Insurance, each equal to 1.5x your annual base salary. These benefits are provided by DuPont at no cost to you.
If you enroll outside of the 30-day window, any dependents you add to your coverage will be added as of the date you make your elections. All other benefit elections will be effective the first of the following month.
Annual Enrollment Window
If you do not take any action during your Annual Enrollment window, you’ll be defaulted into the same benefits you had last year, effective January 1, with the exception of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) [Link to FSA page] and purchased vacation. For these benefits, you must make an active election each year.