Fast-Pass Your Healthy Incentive Credit
What to Know
It’s a new year, which means new opportunity for completing your Healthy Incentive Credit (HIC) and reducing your DuPont Medical Plan premiums by $480 annually!
This year, the DuPont Healthy Living Program will offer you a new and easy fast-pass option. By completing your annual physical exam by September 30, you’ll receive the full HIC. In addition to this fast-pass option, you can continue to use Virgin Pulse to collect points and earn up to $75 per quarter in Pulse Cash.
DuPont Healthy Living Program Overview
DuPont offers a free program — known as the Healthy Living Program through Virgin Pulse — to help you put your wellbeing first. With the Healthy Living Program, you can complete certain wellness activities each quarter in exchange for points. Points can be used to reduce your DuPont Medical Plan premiums by up to $480 annually. As a bonus for staying healthy through the program, you can also earn Pulse Cash, which can be redeemed through the Virgin Pulse online store and used to purchase gift cards and other merchandise.
Here’s the best part: There are two activities that give you all your points at once. This option is called the “fast-pass” and it’s the easiest way to save on your premiums in 2025.
How You Can Fast-Pass Your Healthy Incentive Credit for 2025
If you participate in the 2024 DuPont Healthy Living Program, you can earn 6,000 points (or $160 in HIC) per quarter, in each of the first three quarters of the year, to receive your full $480 HIC.
Another way to earn your HIC is through the fast-pass option. Earn all your points at once through fast-pass. The fast-pass option is only available by completing your annual physical exam or a biometric screening by the September 30 deadline. Choose one of the two options below for more information on how to earn your fast-pass points.
Not Able to Fast-Pass the Process?
Not to worry. You can also earn points quarterly through the program. For more information on eligible activities, visit the Healthy Habits page.
Fast-Passing Your Annual Physical Exam
Follow these steps to fast-pass your annual physical exam:
- Schedule your annual physical exam with your provider and complete your visit by September 30, 2024. Note: Since this is the first year we’re offering this fast-pass option, annual physical exams completed between October 1, 2023, and December 31, 2023, will also be counted.
- After your visit, our medical plan provider, Aetna, will receive confirmation and inform Virgin Pulse that you have completed your exam. Within 60 days, Virgin Pulse will credit you for completion of the fast-pass option.
- In 2025 the Healthy Incentive Credit will automatically be applied to your DuPont Medical Plan premiums.
That’s it! No forms to complete or websites to log on to. Simply make your annual physical exam appointment and we’ll do all the work behind the scenes.
Example of How It Works
Employee contacts their physician’s office to schedule their annual physical exam for September 1, 2024. When scheduling their appointment, the employee emphasizes that it’s for a preventive visit.
Employee arrives at their annual physical exam. They remind the front desk that this visit is for an annual physical exam and should be coded as such so that they can get the proper HIC from their employer.
Aetna receives the claim from the employee’s physician office, which has a wellness code assigned to it. Aetna alerts Virgin Pulse that the employee has completed their annual physical exam.
Virgin Pulse receives notification from Aetna that the employee has completed their annual physical exam. Shortly after, Virgin Pulse updates the employee’s portal to reflect the completed HIC.
- Annual physical exams are covered once each calendar year. This means that even if you received an annual physical exam late in 2023, you can still schedule an exam before September 30, 2024.
- Inform your physician’s office that the appointment is for your annual physical exam. This ensures that it’s coded correctly by your provider, and, that Aetna knows the type of visit and can properly credit you for completing the HIC.
- Make the most out of your visit. Talk to your physician about symptoms you may have or the history of family conditions you may be worried about. To help start the conversation, consider asking your physician a few of these questions.
Preventive vs. Diagnostic Care: Know the Difference!
How treatment of care is defined and coded by your physician can affect the costs you’re responsible for. For this reason, it’s important to know the difference between preventive and diagnostic care.
- Annual physical exams are preventive care. This means you pay nothing for any services received.
- Diagnostic services are meant to treat or diagnose a suspected condition and aren’t considered preventive care. This means a portion of your appointment may be subject to out-of-pocket costs you’ll be responsible for paying. If your doctor completes a diagnostic service during your annual wellness exam, that service will not be coded as preventive care.
Fast-Passing Your Biometric Screening
Follow these steps to fast-pass your biometric screening:
- Log on to the Virgin Pulse website and download the validated physician’s form or LabCorp voucher.
- Schedule your biometric screening with your provider beginning January 1, 2024. Complete the visit by September 30, 2024.
- After your visit, upload your completed form to the Virgin Pulse website.
- Within two weeks, Virgin Pulse will credit you for completion of the fast-pass option.
- In 2025, the Healthy Incentive Credit will automatically be applied to your DuPont Medical Plan premiums.